Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joe Conway (wwc)" <jconway(at)cox(dot)net>
Cc: Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>, Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date: 2002-01-23 17:00:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Joe Conway (wwc)" <jconway(at)cox(dot)net> writes:
> I think it would be desirable to be able to restrict users from
> "publishing" objects into the public schema.

Sure. I'm envisioning that namespaces will have ACLs --- that's what
will keep private namespaces private. So, while public would by default
be world-writable (at least in the backwards-compatibility case),
there'd be nothing stopping you from marking it as read-only to some
users.

Come to think of it, that's still another reason not to have an "any"
wildcard: there's no way to put any restrictions on what appears in
such a namespace.