Re: [BUG] Uninitializaed configOut.leafType used.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ranier Vilela <ranier_gyn(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Uninitializaed configOut.leafType used.
Date: 2019-11-13 17:18:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Ranier Vilela <ranier_gyn(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> Hi,
> file: /backend/access/spgist/spgvalidate.c
> line: 159
> var: configOut.leafType

TBH, I think whatever tool you're using to detect these things
is buggy. We don't get compiler warnings about it from any
compiler in common use among pghackers, and what might be
more to the point, we don't get Valgrind complaints.

If you want us to take these complaints seriously, you need
to provid more than zero evidence why we should.