Re: LDAP with TLS is taking more time in Postgresql 11.5

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Mani Sankar <manisankar01695(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LDAP with TLS is taking more time in Postgresql 11.5
Date: 2020-02-24 20:58:20
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

On 2/24/20 11:50 AM, Mani Sankar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have recently upgraded our postgres servers from 9.4 version to 11.5
> version. Post upgrade we are see delay in authentication.
>
> Issue is when we are using ldaptls=1 the authentication takes 1 second
> or greater than that. But if I disable ldaptls it's getting
> authenticated within milliseconds.
>
> But in 9.4 even if I enable ldaptls it's getting authenticated within
> milliseconds any idea why we are facing the issue?

This is going to need a good deal more information:

1) OS the server is running on and did the OS or OS version change with
the upgrade?

2) How was the server installed from packages(if so from where?) or from
source?

3) The configuration for LDAP in pg_hba.conf.

4) Pertinent information from the Postgres log.

5) Pertinent information from the system log.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com