Re: local kerberos authentication?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: local kerberos authentication?
Date: 2007-07-10 01:32:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I would like to, but can't seem to get Kerberos working for local
> connections.

krb5_sendauth and krb5_recvauth only work with TCP or UDP connections,
according to what I can find on the net. If you think your local
implementation might not have that restriction, try diking out these
lines in src/backend/libpq/hba.c:

/* Disallow auth methods that always need TCP/IP sockets to work */
if (port->auth_method == uaKrb5)
goto hba_syntax;

and see what happens ...