Re: jsonb_delete not documented

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jsonb_delete not documented
Date: 2015-12-07 03:49:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I see. The reference from pg_operator to pg_proc is by OID rather than
> function name, so I didn't find them. Is that because the function is
> overloaded?

Yeah, I suppose so --- regproc can't resolve overloaded function names.

> It's kind of odd that these are the only operators (at
> first glance) that are set up like that.

I think the customary thing when creating functions meant as operator
support is to give them unique names. These weren't done that way ...
I wasn't involved, but I wonder whether there was uncertainty as to
whether these should be documented as functions or operators.