Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Introduce SP-GiST operator class over box.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Introduce SP-GiST operator class over box.
Date: 2016-03-30 17:55:02
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
> Introduce SP-GiST operator class over box.

All of the Windows buildfarm members are failing on this patch.
It looks like the problem is that the test cases suppose that type
box will allow "infinity" as a coordinate value. But box_in just
uses strtod() to read coordinates, and that has platform-dependent
behavior, which in this case includes not recognizing "infinity".

I'm inclined to think that the best fix is to rearrange things
so that the box I/O routines use float8in and float8out for
coordinates, rather than assuming that direct use of the platform
primitives is sufficient.

Barring better ideas, I'll go make that happen.

Welcome to the club of people who have broken the Windows build
this week ;-)