Re: supporting 2000 simultaneous connections.

From: Shiva Sarna <shiva(dot)sarna(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Shiva Sarna <shiva(dot)sarna(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: supporting 2000 simultaneous connections.
Date: 2007-03-02 05:03:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help.

The web application I am talking about is a Learning
Management System.

By simultaneous users I mean that all 2000 users
should be able to access the application and for
example say take a test.

We are using JNDI connection pooling.

I think we have to now think about upgrading the
hardware as well.

thanks for your time.

regards

Shiva