Read bytea column from table and convert into base64.....

From: beyaNet Consultancy <beyanet(at)ntlworld(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Read bytea column from table and convert into base64.....
Date: 2004-03-05 23:59:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I have a bytea column which I want to convert into base64. At the
moment I am reading the bytea colum into my java app as a byte[]. I am
then calling another static method to convert the byte[] into base64. I
want postgreSQl to handle the conversion so my app can read in the
base64 string.

So for example:

select (base64)byteaColumn from tableName where artistID = x

many thanks in advance