Re: [HACKERS] removal of braces

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] removal of braces
Date: 1998-06-15 21:24:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> I am sure there were some bugs fixed by this cleanup.

And some introduced, most likely. Just how much does your script know
about C syntax, macros, etc?

I concur with David Gould that this is a risky, expensive exercise
with very little potential gain.

If you were able to identify any spots with the sort of macro-induced
bug you illustrated, great! Fix 'em by hand. But I doubt that a
12000-line wholesale modification is worth the trouble. Heck, half
the code I've looked at in pgsql doesn't even conform to indentation/
tab-width conventions ... and *those* we have well-tested tools to fix.