Re: remove flatfiles.c

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: remove flatfiles.c
Date: 2009-09-02 05:30:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm a bit skeptical about partitioning as a solution, too.  The
> planner is just not clever enough with partitioned tables, yet.

analyze and vacuum a *very* big table and even scan a huge index is
not a joke neither...
and yes the planner is not very clever about partitioning and
certainly that is something we need to fix not something we have to
live with... no that that will be easy but hey! we have very brilliant
people here (you being one of them)

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova