Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Joshua Brindle <method(at)manicmethod(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Date: 2009-03-10 03:24:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:52 AM, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com> wrote:
> As I promised last week, SE-PostgreSQL patches are revised here:
>
> [1/5] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepgsql-core-8.4devel-r1704.patch
> [2/5] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepgsql-utils-8.4devel-r1704.patch
> [3/5] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepgsql-policy-8.4devel-r1704.patch
> [4/5] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepgsql-docs-8.4devel-r1704.patch
> [5/5] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepgsql-tests-8.4devel-r1704.patch

has anyone noted that the links are malformed? in my browser they
include the [x/5 part of the next line

anyway, i have given up trying to test the functional parts of the
patch (my knowledge of selinux is almost zero and is a lot of info
just to understand the basics... i'm still on that but don't think
will get anything for 8.4... if someone can provide some simple info
on that will be great) but now i'm trying the performance impacts of
it...

what seems interesting is that on some queries are some little gain
with the patch applied... that seems interesting 'cause i thought it
will be the opposite...

i want to try to isolate where is the difference... can someone
explain me how can i trace that? (sorry for my ignorance but if i
don't ask that ignorance will stay)

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova