Re: Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?

From: "Cui Shijun" <rancpine(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: How does the partitioned lock manager works?
Date: 2007-04-28 09:25:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2007/4/28, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>:

> 3. Lock that partition
> 6. Unlock partition

I suddenly realize that LW locks are used to manage the lock hash table.So
when a item is to be inserted into hash table, we must gain that partition
lock
first to change that table.
As the insertion algorithm described, a specific partition lock manage some
items, but these items can be stored in anywhere of the hash table,not
necessarily in a bucket chain.
So there are some problems with "different partitions use different hash
chains",
a partition can use different hash chains,too. Am I right?