Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date: 2003-03-11 13:34:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Justin Clift wrote:
> confidentiality level of the Win32/PITR patches at present, but I'd
> guess there would be at least a few solid volunteers willing to
> contribute to the Win32/PITR ports if we asked for people to step
> forwards.

I'd like to help. I've been following the list for several months now.
I'd like to submit a patch or two and get a little active if I can cut
the mustard, so to speak. If not, I can always supply a little testing
and benchmarking. I have some experience writing backends, GIS, xml,
and all manner of database. Unfortunately I have very low familiarity
with unix tools, except cvs.

Is there a non cygwin version of the source that will compile (or not)
on a win32 machine? That would be a great place to start.

Merlin