Re: Pg.so problem

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: Samik Raychaudhuri <samik(at)cae(dot)wisc(dot)edu>, holger(at)marzen(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg.so problem
Date: 2002-02-15 16:33:41
Lists: pgsql-general

At 12:57 AM 2/15/02 -0600, Samik Raychaudhuri wrote:
>Actually the problem is: my PG database runs on Windows, and don't have
>sufficient privileges for compiling the complete postgresql source code
>in the sun machine. Is there any other way?
>Thanks and regards.
>-Samik

Some options:
Compile client and include libraries.
Build and use DBD::Proxy on the Solaris and target (only if desperate!).
Find another similar sun machine where you have more privileges and
compile PG.
Specify your O/S and hardware info+version in detail, and hopefully
someone can compile the necessary binaries for you.

Cheerio,
Link.