RE: current is broken

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: current is broken
Date: 2000-09-13 14:17:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 21:35 13/09/00 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> >BTW, does anybody know about the status of pg_dump? It seems tons of
>> >features have been added, but I wonder if all of them are going to
>> >appear in 7.1. Especially now it seems to have an ability to dump
>> >Blobs, but the flag (-b) to enable the feature has been disabled. Why?
>>
>> Is it? AFAIK, it should not have been disabled. The long params version is
>> --blob - does that work?
>
>Ok, long params works. It seems just adding 'b' to the third argument
>of getopt() solves "-b" option problem. Do you wnat to fix by yourself?

May as well, since I'll be doing some other stuff.

>> Personally, I'd like to see them in 7.1, unless the testing period
>> reveals a swag of major flaws... Once CVS is up again, I intend to
>> do a little more work on pg_dump, so now would be a good time to let
>> me know if there are problems.
>
>New pg_dump looks great. Could you add docs for it so that we can test
>it out?

It's on the list - I'm still waiting for an upgrade to Framemaker, since I
can't stomach raw SGML. If it doesn't arrive soon, I'll just have to do it
the hard way.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_