Re: [GENERAL] verifying database integrity?

From: Valerie Mates <popcorn(at)tir(dot)com>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] verifying database integrity?
Date: 1999-06-10 20:24:19
Lists: pgsql-general

At 02:21 AM 6/9/99 +0800, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
>Valerie Mates wrote:
>>
>> Hi -- Some clod turned off the power to my customer's computer -- a Linux
>> box with a Postgres server on it -- while it was running. Ever since then,
>> certain PostgreSQL queries have been very slow. We wonder how to tell if
>> the database was damaged. Is there a program we can run to check the
>> integrity of the database? (And is this the right list for me to ask this
>> question on?)
>
>Rebuild your indices.
>Run vacuum verbose.
>
>Vadim

Vacuuming did the trick. I don't know how I managed not to find out that
we should have been vacuuming regularly. I've set up a cron job to do it
nightly. We had been tearing our hair out over this. Many many thanks!!

-Valerie

Valerie Mates * Web Developer * http://www.valeriemates.com
valerie(at)cyberspace(dot)org * (734) 995-6716