Re: POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2

From: wade <wade(at)wavefire(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2
Date: 2003-02-04 01:10:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, IMHO I would rather see a delay of the roll-out by a day or two
than see a release with such a serious performance glitch. Especially
since I personally have been shooting my big mouth off to all my geek
friends on the leaps and bounds PG has made in the last few releases. With
my luck one of them will find it. :)
I guess in the end, it comes down to the rest of you developer types, but
I would be inclined to re-wrap. However, this is easy for me to say given
that I have no idea how much work it actually is to re-wrap.
-Wade Klaver