Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>, ZEUGSWETTER Andreas IZ5 <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, "'kar(at)webline(dot)dk'" <kar(at)webline(dot)dk>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items
Date: 1999-06-08 16:46:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 12:25 PM 6/8/99 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>We really don't have access to web admin channels except through our
>mailing list and software lists. You need to get the word out. We
>addressed these issues escecially for web/high traffic users.

I have been, quietly, to people I know. I gave up on 6.4.2 for my
particular use and had told folks that, and have now told the same
suite of folks that 6.5 appears to be a vast improvement for this
environment, at least for modest web/db projects. Postgres still
doesn't have anywhere near the scalability of, say, Oracle and I'm
not certain that should be the goal. It's far simpler to administer
and install largely for this very reason...and that's a very good
thing for folks wanting to do modest sites.

Any graphics designers out there? How about a small "Powered
by Postgres" GIF with a snazzy, attractive look? I've come
up with the phrase, but my artistic skills are limited to
photography, I'm afraid!

I'd certainly use such a graphic to decorate my pages if it
were available...

Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
http://donb.photo.net