Pgsql beta 8 on windows starts and stops automatically.

From: Terry Yapt <yapt(at)technovell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pgsql beta 8 on windows starts and stops automatically.
Date: 2004-08-23 07:50:12
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello all,

I am testing PostgreSQL 8.0 beta on a windows xp professional.  In the
time when I did the install I have been working with pgadmin and so
on...

But after a few days, when I tried to continue with my tests.  I
cannot start the postgresql service.  I always get this message
windown when I try to start the service:

"The postgresql service on the local computer started
and stopped. some services stop automatically if they
have no work to do, for example the performance logs
and alerts services"

The service starts and stops automatically and I cannot to work with
pgsql.

PS: I have translated (get from internet) the text message window
because I have my system in spanish language.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Ulrich WisserDate: 2004-08-23 07:50:51