Re: Review: Hot standby

From: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Review: Hot standby
Date: 2008-11-22 09:44:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> The malloc was part of the existing code, explained by comments.

Oh I see. But I don't see any explanations for using malloc instead of
palloc. Not that the current patch is responsible for this, I am wondering
why its done that way and if we are freeing the malloced memory at all ?

malloc is used at another place in a new code. Although it seems that the
allocation happens just once, please check if its better to use palloc
there.

Thanks,
Pavan

--