Re: Dropping Old Databases

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: "pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dropping Old Databases
Date: 2009-02-03 17:15:41
Lists: pdxpug

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Ewan, Michael wrote:
>
>> Have you looked at Xtuple which also runs on Postgres?
>> http://www.xtuple.com/postbooks
>
> No, but I will. Regardless of whose software it is, I need only the CRM
> part to track my selling efforts and I want to use the existing postgres or
> sqlite installations and not add mysql.

They have a CRM module. It is about 1.5 years old, and was ok last
time I looked at it. May be better now. They refactored their
customer data tables around that same time, and made things a bit
nicer for plugging into other systems.

Their primary strength is MRP and a crazy complex, but flexible
accounting module. They've got their own reporting tool which is
reasonable and uses XML, so you can parse your own stuff if the GUI
drives you nuts.

And, generally speaking, the UI is actually pretty nice.

You don't get MRP with the open source version, but maybe someday
they'll fix that :)

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann