Meeting topics - for the next six months!

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Meeting topics - for the next six months!
Date: 2008-01-04 17:27:40
Lists: pdxpug

You all are great! In one day, we came up with six new topics!

Here are the topics and possible months and dates. Let me know if they
don't work for you.

* 1/17/08 - PostgreSQL version 8.3: 10 new things you can use right now (Selena)
* 2/21/08 - Extreme Database Makeover: RT (Mark, Jeff, David)
* 3/20/08 - Managing internet services: using the right tool for the
job (Ed Sawicki)
* 4/17/08 - Ruby on Rails Essentials for PostgreSQL Enthusiasts (David)
* 5/15/08 - The Relational Model (Jeff)
* 6/19/08 - Pythoneering with PostgreSQL (Jason)
* 7/17/07 - Pre OSCON/PgDay meeting - TBD
* 7/20/08 - tentative PDXPUG PgDay at the Convention Center

I just made up some of those titles, so let me know if you want
something different. Oh, and I think Randal still owes us one for
canceling at the last minute :)

--
Also, let's have some project status updates before my talk. I know of
the Ruby driver release, the impending temporal data type release,

I like the 15 minutes of Q&A before the meeting. I feel like it warms
you all up for extra special heckling during the presentation.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group