Re: Compiling and linking a Program interfacing with libpq.dll

From: Gustavo Lopes <contratempo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael <michael_atkisson(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling and linking a Program interfacing with libpq.dll
Date: 2006-01-09 23:03:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I think you'll need to generate the import library first (the one
included only works for gcc). Anyway, I've experienced problems when
the programs are not linked against msvcrt.dll; if you should find
your programs crashing for no apparent reason, try to use mingw (with
which you won't need to generate an import library) or vc6 with the
/MD switch.

Gustavo Lopes

On 8 Jan 2006 19:57:33 -0800, Michael <michael_atkisson(at)comcast(dot)net> wrote:
> I am trying to compile, link and execute the first example in the
> Postgres 8.1.1
> manual using the libpq.dll library. Nothing I have tried works. I am
> using
> the free Borland Compiler 5.5. Can any give me the command line
> parameters
> for compiling and linking a C program using this compiler. I have
> tried everything
> I can think of, referenced the section 28.15 for compiling and linking.
> Also I have
> searched the archives and found nothing that helped.
>
> Thanks!

Gustavo Lopes