SQL Server stored procedures?

From: Todd P Marek <affe23(at)somahq(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL Server stored procedures?
Date: 2004-11-30 01:35:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello-

I have been trying for a while to write a function that would return
multiple rows and columns in a similar fashion as SQL server stored
procedures.

I can get my functions to return multiple rows and columns but only
from a single table. I worked around this by creating a view that ties
all my tables together like so (basic example)->

CREATE FUNCTION usp_grab_classes() RETURNS SETOF classes
AS 'SELECT classes.* FROM classes'
LANGUAGE 'sql';

I am curious if there is a way to select and return multiple columns
from multiple tables without having to first create a view.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Todd Marek

"If you think you understand something it's habit."
--Gary Kraftsow--