Re: Cannot connect to one specific postgres database on a server

From: "Melvin Davidson" <mdavidson(at)cctus(dot)com>
Cc: "Matt Busby" <busby(at)condodomain(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to one specific postgres database on a server
Date: 2007-01-22 21:42:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yes, you are correct, but you can have multiple _clusters_ with
different ports,
so there would a separate postmaster for each cluster on a
server/machine with
a different port.

Keep in mind the port for the database was not specified in the original
description
so it s entirely possible the unaccessible database was due to the
postmaster for that
port being down.

BTW, we do have several servers/systems/machines running multiple
postmasters on multiple ports
so even of my "understanding" of postgresql is different than yours,
I must be doing something right. :)