Re: PG 924, Windows 2012, error code 487

From: "Abraham, Danny" <danny_abraham(at)bmc(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Abraham, Danny" <danny_abraham(at)bmc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PG 924, Windows 2012, error code 487
Date: 2014-01-13 09:44:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

>Are the servers on the Windows versions you mention or the clients or both?
Both clients as well as server are located on the same Windows Server machine.

>Where is this error showing up, the Windows or Postgres logs?
Both. It appears in the pg_log as well as failing the client

>What does the other log show?
Nothing special. Once logged in PG is fine.

>Is there anything preceding the above that might shed light?
Unfortunately not. Memory problems within Windows (Error 487) used to be common in 8.3.7 ... but got solved in 8.3.15.
We are now having them again with 9.2.4.

>Are the connections across a network and if so is there a firewall between the clients and server(s)?
No FW involved. All the connections are local. This is a pure , inconsistent Server problem.
See BUG #5578: postrgesql database crash ....

Thanks

Danny