Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX

From: OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX
Date: 2005-04-12 16:56:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

hi,

> Since pgAdmin3 should now compile & run on OSX when using wxMac HEAD

i'm *still* having issues w/ the 'new' 2.6-branch HEAD (cref: my other posts).

i'm trying the wxMac 2.5.5 release at the moment ...

> and pgAdmin3 HEAD, it guess it's time to think about further improvements.
>
> 1) postgres start/stop support
> 2) open ".sql" with pgadmin?
> 3) ssl support
> 4) Standard location for postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf?
> 5) Nightly Builds
>
> ad 1), 4): Depends on weather there exists a "official" binary
> version of postgres for OSX.

i'm unclear as to why this depends on an "official" bin? could this not simply
point to a given 'custom' bin path, or presume that our $PATH has been set
correctly?

> ad 2): Can you click on a saved sql query in windows, and
> it is opened in pgadmin3? If so, I could try to do the same
> for OSX

are you thinking of simply using a LaunchServices assignment (i.e., using the
GetInfo dialog's "Open with ..." facility?)

> ad 3): This is a bug in configure - but I still don't know how to
> fix/workaround this.

do you have a thread reference for the particular problem, or a breif
description?

I've had no apparent issue linking/building against my external SSL build;
however, i haven't gotten as far as testing function ...

cheers,

richard