Re: pg_dump Crashes and core dumps

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Shibashish <shiba(at)it(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: pg_dump Crashes and core dumps
Date: 2003-04-25 20:26:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Shibashish <shiba(at)it(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in> writes:
> When i do a "pg_dump test" it works fine.
> But When i do a "pg_dump working" I get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"
> If anybody wants, i can send the core file. Any help will be highly
> appreciated.

The core file will be useless away from your own system.

Could we see a stack backtrace from it, instead? (Please compile with
debug symbols if you didn't already.) Also, please run pg_dump with
query logging enabled (see log_statement in postgresql.conf) so that you
can show us the last few queries it issues before crashing.