Re: toasting for other varlena types

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: toasting for other varlena types
Date: 2000-07-28 15:10:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

JanWieck(at)t-online(dot)de (Jan Wieck) writes:
> AFAICS, only "text", "lztext" and all arrays are yet
> toastable. Which of the other base types do we want to have
> in 7.1?

All of the varlena ones ... although I'm wondering whether it's worth
marking numeric as toastable or not. A numeric probably can't get
big enough to be worth toasting, no?

I've been a little distracted by other issues but am still planning to
turn the crank on the fmgr changes, and getting the rest of the varlena
types done seems to be the number-one priority there.