Re: catalog corruption bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: catalog corruption bug
Date: 2006-01-07 18:08:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com> writes:
> I got an assert to fail. I'm not entirely sure if this is helpful, but I
> managed to get a core dump with --enable-debug and --enable-cassert (with
> optimizations still on). Let me know if there is anything else that would
> be useful to get out of this core file...

Fascinating --- that's not anywhere near where I thought your problem
was. Which cache is this tuple in? (Print *ct->my_cache)

The tableOid implies it's one of the caches on pg_amop, which makes
the whole thing stranger yet. pg_amop doesn't change during normal
operation so there's no reason for one of its tuples to become dead.
You aren't creating/deleting operator classes in this database are
you?