Re: How do I tell?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ken(dot)corey(at)atomic-interactive(dot)com
Cc: "pos2" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I tell?
Date: 2001-05-08 15:12:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

ken(dot)corey(at)atomic-interactive(dot)com writes:
> I'm currently running postgres 7.1b3 (Yes, I know it's an older version),
> and I'm seeing some strange behavior.

There are quite a few known bugs in 7.1b3. You really should update to
the release version before you get bitten, rather than after...

> Is there any way in which I can see exactly the query that a postgres
> process is processing?

Attach to it with gdb and do "p debug_query_string" (you need 7.1.1
for this to work). Alternatively, enable query logging (-d2 to
postmaster or appropriate thing in postgresql.conf), and look in the
log to see what query it accepted last.