Re: Re: Patches to fix compilations on NetBSD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Johnny C(dot) Lam" <lamj(at)stat(dot)cmu(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Patches to fix compilations on NetBSD
Date: 2000-05-11 06:04:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Can someone comment on this patch? It appears it should be applied.

At least some of it is likely to break changes that I made to ensure
that pltcl and plperl would build correctly when Tcl and Perl have
been compiled with a different compiler than was selected for the
Postgres build. It is *not* appropriate to import Postgres compiler
switches into these subsystems that may be getting built with a
different compiler. (-I is pretty universal, so it's safe, but
the outer CPPFLAGS might contain stuff that's not safe at all.)

>> 3) I couldn't find anything in the tree which still needs
>> ncurses/curses. I removed the check for those libraries from
>> configure.in. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Hmm, might be OK or not. There used to be curses-dependent code
in libpq's "fe-print" module, no? Is that gone?