Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Rob Butler <robert(dot)butler5(at)verizon(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")
Date: 2003-04-16 17:29:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> Oddly I don't see the link he's referring to, but I've always thought it
> unfortunate that the postgresql community didn't hold onto those domain
> names.

We were not offered the chance; Landmark wanted to hold onto the Great
Bridge trademark, apparently. We did come away with the postgres.com,
postgres.org, and postgresql.com domains, which GB had managed to wrestle
away from some korean domain squatter.

The fact that some of those aren't currently resolving nicely (eg,
www.postgres.org gets you a Horde login page) is our own darn fault.
As Dave Page was mentioning, some additional hands in the webpage
maintenance effort would be great.