Re: WAL Archiving under Windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tim Tassonis <timtas(at)cubic(dot)ch>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL Archiving under Windows
Date: 2006-10-31 14:57:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Tim Tassonis <timtas(at)cubic(dot)ch> writes:
> The strange thing is, even with loglevel debug5, I don't get any log
> message indicating that postgres is even trying to call the command.

Then it isn't, because there are definitely log messages, which were
specifically put there for the purpose of recording the fully-expanded
archive command string:

ereport(DEBUG3,
(errmsg_internal("executing archive command \"%s\"",
xlogarchcmd)));
rc = system(xlogarchcmd);
if (rc != 0)
{
ereport(LOG,
(errmsg("archive command \"%s\" failed: return code %d",
xlogarchcmd, rc)));
return false;
}
ereport(LOG,
(errmsg("archived transaction log file \"%s\"", xlog)));

Better double-check the usual sorts of gotchas, like whether you are
editing the right config file and properly forcing a config reload
afterwards.