cross-database references are not implemented

From: "Paul Dam" <p(dot)dam(at)amyyon(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cross-database references are not implemented
Date: 2008-06-03 13:12:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hoi,

I have a database with 2 schemas:

- public

- export

In the export schema I have tables that are filled during an export
process.

There is some data I want to have in a table in the public schema as
well.

I wrote a trigger function that after insert in the export table does an
export in the public table.

If I do an insert I get the error message: "ERROR: cross-database
references are not implemented".

How can I solve this?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Paul Dam