Re: unaccent contrib

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unaccent contrib
Date: 2011-09-21 20:40:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com> writes:
> On 21-09-2011 13:28, Daniel Vzquez wrote:
>> "unaccent" is compatible with postgresql 8.4 (but not is in their contrib
>> version distribution)

> No, it is not. AFAICS it is necessary to add some backend code that is not in 8.4.

[ pokes at it ] Yeah, you are right. The version of unaccent that is
in our source tree is a filtering dictionary, and therefore cannot
possibly work with backends older than 9.0 (when the filtering
dictionary feature was added).

So I'm wondering where the OP read that it was compatible with 8.4.
Our own documentation about it certainly does not say that. It's
possible that Oleg and Teodor had some prototype version, different
from what got committed to our tree, that would work in 8.4.