Re: Frontend/Backend protocol changes?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jason E(dot) Stewart" <jason(at)openinformatics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Frontend/Backend protocol changes?
Date: 2002-11-22 22:37:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Jason E. Stewart" <jason(at)openinformatics(dot)com> writes:
> Are all the RI_ConstraintTrigger_XXXXX triggers on _other_ tables that
> affect this table in some way??? Because Audit shouldn't have any.

You should check, but I think those are all going to be ON UPDATE or ON
DELETE triggers, if they all appear to be in pairs. You probably have a
bunch of FK's referencing Audit from other tables? If so, they are not
hurting your insert performance. But an update or delete in Audit would
be expensive.

(BTW, I'm having a hard time visualizing why an audit-trail table would
be referenced by FKs from other tables.)