Using View Data Comes Up Empty Now

From: Jordan Brown <jordan(dot)brown(at)RACKSPACE(dot)COM>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using View Data Comes Up Empty Now
Date: 2011-11-14 16:29:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello:

The version of pgAdmin III I'm now using is 1.14.0. However, I was using 1.12.3, and the same problem occurred (this is where it started). Operating System is Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1 (Build 7600).

Anyways, I'm using pgAdmin III client to access a Greenplum Database (version 4.1). For a long time (several months), I was able to view data for quick access using View Data (rather than issuing a SQL command if applicable). A few weeks ago, though, when I clicked on View Data, it comes up a blank screen, except for a toolbar and showing how many rows selected at the bottom (e.g., 100 rows, 500 rows, etc.). Not long after this issue began, the query window crashed pgAdmin when trying to access that. I was able to fix this bug/issue by deleting the folder in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming. I thought this was a related issue, but it appears not to fix the empty widow for 'View Data'. Another idea was suggested by Greenplum support which was to update to the new version of pgAdmin III, which is 1.14.0. He had seen other bugs with 1.12.3, although not this particular one. This did not help either. I uninstalled the program several times as well. Finally, just to clarify, if I write SQL to query any table, the data shows up fine. I find it nice, sometimes, to be able to use 'View Data'-that is why I ask.

Any ideas? Let me know if further information is required. I tried my own search (via Google) which only came up with this: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2006-09/msg00100.php. However, it's from 2006 and no definitive solution is given from what I can tell. I'm not sure if it's relevant anymore.

Thanks,

Jordan

p.s. attached is a screenshot of what the View Data window looks like.

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/jpeg 64.6 KB