Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

From: Anuj Pankaj <anujp(at)cybage(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation
Date: 2010-09-17 06:08:55
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thanks, It worked for me.

Regards,
Anuj Pankaj
Phone(O): 91-20-66041700, Ext.6477

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Marlowe [mailto:scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 11:29 AM
To: Anuj Pankaj
Cc: Tom Lane; Devrim GÜNDÜZ; pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] issue with Postgres uninstallation

2010/9/16 Anuj Pankaj <anujp(at)cybage(dot)com>:
> Can you help let me how to uninstall postgres, if I do not have packages at Linux box.

You do not need the packages to uninstall them.  do this:

rpm -qa|grep -i postgres

and see what packages are listed.

Then

rpm -e packagename1 packagename2 ...

to remove them all.

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com