Re: SET SESSION TRANSACTION command

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SET SESSION TRANSACTION command
Date: 2006-01-01 20:22:28
Lists: pgsql-general

"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu> writes:
> test=# SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;

SESSION is taken as a noise word here. Possibly we should disallow this
syntax altogether, since it isn't SQL-spec ... but I'm not sure it's
worth contorting the grammar enough to do that.

The converse case is

SET LOCAL SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS ...

which is also allowed but probably is going to do something confusing.