Re: non-existent user "28"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Tamsin" <tg_mail(at)bryncadfan(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Postgres General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: non-existent user "28"
Date: 2001-03-22 15:23:21
Lists: pgsql-general

"Tamsin" <tg_mail(at)bryncadfan(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I'm not sure how the database got in this state - would this happen when I
> drop & recreate a user?

Yes. There's no crosscheck to see if you still have active GRANTs for
the user being deleted. (Which is bad but that's how it is at the moment.)

> Is there something I can do about this? I couldn't
> see where in the system tables the permission info is stored.

relacl column of pg_class.

My advice would just be to ignore the errors on restore... that's about
the easiest way to get rid of the dead grants while keeping the good ones.