Re: default operator class (PostgreSQL's error?)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Denis Zaitsev <zzz(at)cd-club(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: default operator class (PostgreSQL's error?)
Date: 2003-03-03 03:27:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Denis Zaitsev <zzz(at)cd-club(dot)ru> writes:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 01:01:40PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Another possibility is that the opclass is in a schema that is not in
>> your search path --- I can't recall right now whether being in the
>> search path affects lookup of a default opclass.

> It is in a schema, and the schema is definitely in the search_path -
> it's pointed first there. More over, all the games described are
> being played in that schema.

Well, it works for me: for example, after building and installing the
contrib/isbn_issn module, I can do

opc=# create table isbn_t (
opc(# isbn isbn unique not null
opc(# );
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index 'isbn_t_isbn_key' for table 'isbn_t'
CREATE TABLE

I looked at the code and saw that indeed a default opclass must be
visible in your search path to be found, so I suggest taking another
look at that aspect.