Re: Libpq ssl fix

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Manfred Spraul <manfred(at)colorfullife(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Libpq ssl fix
Date: 2004-05-28 17:12:09
Lists: pgsql-patches

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> writes:
> init_ssl_system will return 0 on success and -1 on failure, which will
> be interpreted just the other way round in initialize_SSL.
> Patch appended.

Hmm, that looks backwards to me too, but this would seem to imply that
Manfred Spraul failed to test his last patch at all. Manfred, care to
explain why we shouldn't revert that patch in toto?

* doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml, src/backend/libpq/md5.c,
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-auth.c, src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c,
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-secure.c, src/interfaces/libpq/libpq-fe.h,
src/interfaces/libpq/libpq-int.h: Add thread locking to SSL and
Kerberos connections.

I have removed the docs mentioning that SSL and Kerberos are not
thread-safe.

Manfred Spraul