Re: modifying the tbale function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Islam Hegazy <islheg(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: modifying the tbale function
Date: 2007-03-20 00:33:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org> writes:
> Here is a paper about portable userspace threads that I just googled.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/rse-pmt.ps

I'm not impressed --- the list of unsolved problems is a bit too long.
One that seems a showstopper for our purposes is lack of ability to
deal reliably with stack overflow on alternate stacks. If we're going
to be doing anything as loosely defined as running a third-party
language interpreter in these stacks, that just won't do.

Another little problem is it's LGPL.