Re: 8.1.5 is out

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.1.5 is out
Date: 2006-10-18 17:05:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
> 1) Release notice mentions wronng
> E.1.1. Migration to version 8.1.4
> ^^^^^ should be 8.1.5

Yup, noticed that the day after :-(

> 2) It's very pity that ours Win32 fixes isn't in 8.1.5 :(

That was intentional, at least from my point of view --- I don't think
those changes have been tested well enough to deserve to go into a
stable release at the last moment. If we've not seen any problems by
the end of 8.2 beta then I'll stop worrying about them. But I don't
trust patches that are trying to work around a problem we don't even
understand.