\c bpsimple rick

From: Philippe Salama <karebacnyc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: \c bpsimple rick
Date: 2006-12-10 00:13:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

My textbook had me create a user named rick, with the power to create databases, but not the power to create new users.

in the next exercise, I am in template1 as user neil, who has the prompt =# which means that neil has power to create databases. I am told to \c bpsimple rick, and it says NOTICE THE PROMPT changes to =>, meaning rick has no power to create databases.

I am confused, since clearly, I created user/role rick as someone with the power to create databases.