Re: pg_class could not be found

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: zhicheng wang <wang_zc(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_class could not be found
Date: 2004-06-04 15:20:56
Lists: pgsql-general

> Sigh. Sorry, that tool really needs some TLC to get it working across
> all the versions of PostgreSQL I don't have access to. It's looking for
> pg_class and is assuming it's OID 1259 and trying to open that file.
> Evidently it's failing.

I don't think it's a version issue; pg_class has always been OID 1259
(and relfilenode 1259, too). You might have version issues once you
started looking inside pg_class, but not before that.

Remember this is the guy whose disk drive seems to have committed major
sins of omission on his last shutdown. I think the file's probably just
plain gone :-(