Re: New COPY commands in libpq

From: reina_ga(at)hotmail(dot)com (Tony Reina)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New COPY commands in libpq
Date: 2004-05-01 09:25:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You might try porting your code to libpqxx, which is C++-native and should
> make large swathes of this sort of code unnecessary.

I've seriously considered it (along with the npgsql library), but am
not really sure as to what the advantage(s) would be considering that
(with the corrections suggested) my code works now with libpq.

Would there be any improvement in speed with libpqxx? Does libpqxx
make use of the SSL encryption? How hard is it to link to the SSL
connections for Postgres commands?

-Tony