Re: [HACKERS] psql updates

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] psql updates
Date: 2000-01-24 23:57:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2000-01-22, Tom Lane mentioned:
>> The tab-completion
>> behavior seems a little flaky (if you press tab when you don't have
>> a partial keyword typed, it wipes out whatever word you do have typed)

> In some cases this might be intentional. For example, when you enter
> => insert xx<tab>
> then the xx gets replaced by INTO because it's the only valid thing to put
> there anyway. If you observed someting different, then I'd be interested
> in looking at it.

What I see with this ancient libreadline is

SELECT zz<tab>

zz is wiped out and replaced by a single space. However, this does
*not* happen with more modern readlines; and since I don't even know
where to get source code corresponding to the readline that's on this
old Linux system, I doubt it's worth worrying about.