Re: Python 3.1 support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Nathan Boley <npboley(at)gmail(dot)com>, James Pye <lists(at)jwp(dot)name>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Python 3.1 support
Date: 2009-11-19 18:43:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> By the way, it occurred to me that having two different versions of
> libpython loaded into the same process is probably not going to work
> sanely.

Why not? There's no way they'd even know about each other. We tell
the loader not to make the symbols globally visible.

But in any case, my main concern here is that I don't want to have
to predetermine which python version a user of Red Hat/Fedora will
have to use. If they can only use one at a time, that's still a
good bit better than not having a choice at all.